Why Your TIN May Be Considered Incorrect
An individual’s TIN is his or her social security number (SSN). Often a TIN does not match IRS records because a name has changed through marriage, divorce, adoption, etc., and the change has not been reported to the Social Security Administration (SSA), so it has not been recorded in SSA’s files. Sometimes an account or transaction may not contain the correct SSN of the actual owner. For example, an account in a child’s name may reflect a parent’s SSN. (Note: An account should be in the name and SSN of the actual owner.)
To update your records with DriveWealth:
- Log in with your Account ID, last 4 digits of your SSN, and date of birth.
- You will receive a one-time password on your phone or email depending on your set preference.
- Once logged in, click on ‘User information’ on the landing page or on the navigation pane to the left.
- On the ‘User information page, click on the “Edit” option available on the top right to update your name and/or TIN.
- Verify the information is correct and click on ‘Update Profile’ to submit changes.